Big Top
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Top

The Big Top Fort. Here we come to socialize.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General chat

Go down 
+4
ThePirateLord
CowLuvR
Pyjamas
LPotter84
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LPotter84

LPotter84

General chat Empty
PostSubject: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 am

A place for us to just chat I guess. Since we are all pretty chatty, lol. *grins*
Back to top Go down
Pyjamas

Pyjamas

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

You can actually add a chat box to this forum. Legion used this same provider to coordinate raids on other towns. It's quite useful to have.

Last edited by Pyjamas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CowLuvR

CowLuvR

Location : well... currently I'm sitting in front of my computer... duh.

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 pm

We've used MSN messenger in the past, but this may be an easy solution to simplify things rather than adding dozens of people into your messenger account. TPL, you know how to set that up?
Back to top Go down
Pyjamas

Pyjamas

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 pm

I'll have to check the old forum and try to figure it out. It's as simple as clicking a box beside 'Add chatbox' but it takes a litte searching through the administrative controls to find it.
Back to top Go down
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Done!

I love learning this stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
bubbermiley

bubbermiley

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

i was just shot in the face, just so you know. the elephant did it. elephant
Back to top Go down
LPotter84

LPotter84

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks Pyjamas and TPL. That will make it much easier. Does the chat box keep chats in it even when we're not logged on for the chat? Or is it like normal chat to where you can't see past chats unless you were logged on for them?
Back to top Go down
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:36 am

Um... Lol

The second part I believe. It's like an Instant messaging system, but group chat style. With the exception that those of you with moderator power can ban/delete chat and stuff like that Smile!
Back to top Go down
SunWuKong

SunWuKong

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 am

Very snazzy.
Back to top Go down
LPotter84

LPotter84

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:17 pm

TPL, the chat does have an archives option next to it and I saw where you said you were looking for a way to take the stone look off of the forum. I don't know how, but I have been looking for some forum themes that are similar to this one that you might like. I don't know how to add the themes, but thought you might know. Here's a few and this site has a ton in case you don't like any of these.

You can click on demo to see if you like them or not. *smiles*

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2072

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/322

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3045

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/208

Figured I'd try to save you some leg work while I had the free time. I think TBH said if he had time he knows how to do this kinda stuff, dunno if this is what he was talking about though. *grins*
Back to top Go down
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Oh! Very nice!

I like the wood one. Now let's see if I can figure out how to incorporate it Smile!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!

This sucks!!!

Forumotion has it set up so you can't upload themes from any other site besides hitskins, but I searched for a way around it. So I am now literally uploading every little picture by itself. Oh ya, so much fun.
Back to top Go down
https://big-top.forumotion.net
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok I touched it up as best as physically possible.

It was super hard considering this site uses colors and won't allow images to be substituted in for the colors in certain areas, so basically I just went for it.

Haha, so let me know if you see anything wrong.

I think this new look is better on the eyes and everything is cleaner IMO....
Back to top Go down
Sophia Hakes

Sophia Hakes

General chat Empty
PostSubject: looks good!   General chat Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:55 am

Easy on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
LPotter84

LPotter84

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:40 am

I like it, TPL! I think it looks very nice. I likes the other theme as well, but the stone work on the headings made it hard to read. This one works much better. *smiles*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General chat   General chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General chat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Top :: General Discussion :: Get to know each other-
Jump to: