Big Top
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Top

The Big Top Fort. Here we come to socialize.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ThePirateLord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:47 am

Hey, this is ThePirateLord.

I'm a Sophomore at Ohio University. I'm duel majoring in English and Creative writing. The ultimate goal is to get accepted to NYU after I graduate and achieve a degree in publishing there!

I play golf and tennis for fun.

When I'm not doing those things I love to read and write. Favorite authors: J.K Rowling, Robert Jordan, and Christopher Paolini. There are over a hundred others but that would bore you to death Smile!

But um I'm actually planning on getting The Wheel of Time symbol , which is written by Robert Jordan, Tattooed onto either my back, shoulder, or hand.

Haha, so there is some whacky info about myself Smile!
Back to top Go down
LPotter84

LPotter84

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:36 am

Oh definitely on the shoulder! That would look awesome! I'm also a fan of those authors. I read entirely too much. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sophia Hakes

Sophia Hakes

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: read it   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 am

Rowling, and Asimov are two of my favs. But have you ever read Illusions. The Messiah's Handbook by Richard Bach? It's the best small read I have ever read for a non reader.
Back to top Go down
Nutss

Nutss

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:23 pm

R A Salvator books are some of the best I have ever read. Drizzt series is outstanding.. read them numerous times. He also wrote the first book of a series in the Star Wars line... Vector Prime. Another outstanding read.. the whole series too.
Back to top Go down
bubbermiley

bubbermiley

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:56 pm

you know what's a really good book? Hell in a Very Small Place: The Battle for Dien Bien Phu by Bernard Fall. This is the best account of that battle I have ever read. Early Jazz and The Swing Era by Gunther Schuller are two other great books. You gotta love military history and jazz,lol. afro
Back to top Go down
Nutss

Nutss

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Oh boy, now your going to make me dig out all my old military history books.
Back to top Go down
ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:35 am

Nice I'll have to look into all of those. I keep running out of reading material!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ThePirateLord Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThePirateLord   ThePirateLord Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ThePirateLord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Top :: General Discussion :: Get to know each other-
Jump to: